Friday, January 23, 2009
the rules of the game are simple. you are assigned a random letter and you should then post 10 things that you love that begin with that letter. if you read this and want to play, leave a comment that says so, and I'll assign you a random letter. and on and on it goes.
Steveroni assigned me the letter "I" and it has taken me a few days to figure out ten things I love that start with the letter "I".
1. Inspire: This was by far the easiest one. I love to be inspired, to be outstanding or brilliant in a way.
2. Ironic: The thought that random acts of life can collide together humorously. It is funny when that happens in life.
3. Intelligent: The dictionary describes this as revealing or reflecting good judgment or sound thought. I like that I am becoming more intelligent in recovery.
4. Insight: I see this in myself more and more everyday, the definition I found is the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively.
5. Integrity: I have searched my soul for this asset my whole life and I am grateful to say that today this is one of my favorite words because I do have integrity by definition it is the quality or state of being complete or undivided, through recovery I am complete in myself.
6. Illuminate: This is such a beautiful word and just reading it makes me think of spiritual thoughts as in the definition intellectually or spiritually enlightened as through the steps we become.
7. Instance: This is a moment I love this word because the moment is now.
8. Ideal: I love this word because it is a nice way of saying perfectionist and while I know i will never be perfect I can still live with my Ideals.
9. Illustrate: To make clear is the definition of this word and I love the idea of recovery illustrating what a beautiful place my world is today.
10. Isotopes: Not only do I love saying this word, it is fun to say out loud, but the meaning is any of two or more species of atoms of a chemical element with the same atomic number and nearly identical chemical behavior but with differing atomic mass and different atomic properties. My daughter told me this, she is going to be a forensic archeologist, and that definition describes addicts perfectly. We come together for a common purpose from different backgrounds but from the same place of loneliness and despair. We behave the same but we are all different our diversity unites us.
So I had to use a dictionary and find the time to put this all together and thanks again Steveroni this was a lot of fun. I will get the "Lemonade Awards out soon, but right now we are going to have breakfast and I am going to go to the gym and give the lap pool another go.