Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday tidbits


As a mother I have been able to teach my children so many things. for instance, the proper way to put on a life jacket...


And i have also seen my children teach each other, like here for instance, when Haley is pointing out to Gillian her eye...



We also have to be aware of our surroundings, this next picture is a tornado drill, and my girls really liked this one, until they out grew it...


Blogger is being funny i am having trouble uploading pictures. Hey i installed a door knob yesterday!! it is saturday so i can have some bread. wes is working so i have time to stop by and blog today.

i am not feeling well, yesterday was Wes's clean date he celebrated 19 years in recovery, the girls and i got some balloons at the dollar store and some low carb ice cream and some streamer to put up in the house. then we went to a meeting. today i feel congested and have a slight headache. hopefully i won't get as sick as "A" did. hey i just looked and i posted a blog everyday this week, wow. i am grateful my mind is able to be clear and finish a thought process. i have not heard from the fire marshal yet, i am not sure if i have the energy to paint in the kitchen, there are some spots Wes put some tape on and putty, i think it is sanded but the grain from the tape is coming through so i think he will need to reputty. i have halloween lights to put up still.

i am going to make some orange rosemary pork chops for dinner. i will make me some whole wheat toast this morning and have some coffee, maybe i will get to the gym in a bit. for now i think i will take it easy and play with my girls, they love the mylar balloons. have a great day all!! thanks to everybody who stopped by and left me a comment yesterday!! i really look forward to reading them!!
gratitude list 5 things;

1. today i am grateful it rained last night, it is cool and the air smells so clean and fresh.
2. today i am grateful i got to a meeting last night.
3. today i am grateful i can take care of myself.
4. today i am grateful for my boundaries and not allowing chaos in my life today.
5. today i am grateful i have my faith and recovery.

todays thought; "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."- Ayn Rand

12 comments:

Nessa said...

I can see your children are learning very important lessons.

Come Visit Silly Saturday

word verification:

fookettl - soup pot?

Anonymous :) said...

Love the tornado drill. So cute.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your kids are so cute...how old are they???
I do hope you are not getting sick, you know what happens when Mama gets sick? NOTHING.
Congrats to Wes...great job.
DInner sounds good. YUMM.

Lou said...

C & C, your sense of humor shines through here! Love it.

And thanks for not dropping me while I sorted some things out;)

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) Hope you feel better!

Dulçe ♥ said...

This is so beautiful and homely. I am glad you are grateful and aware of all the good things you have. COngrats for every achievement of yours and for having such loving babies!
xoxox

Unknown said...

What a great post and some fun Saturday silliness and great pictures. Thank you for sharing and your gratitude is also very amazing and important, thank you!!
hugs for Monday...
Gabi

G-Man said...

I thought that first pic was her Halloween outfit...:P

LarryG said...

the very top picture made me laugh! i love it!
and always admire your "grateful" list - extreme awesome!

LarryG said...

the very top picture made me laugh! i love it!
and always admire your "grateful" list - extreme awesome!

Susan at Stony River said...

The kids are all so cute! Congratulations on the 19 years, and all those things to be grateful for.

Syd said...

Nice gratitude list. I hope that you feel better soon. The photo of the children under the desk is too cute.