*Today i am grateful for watching my girls play in the snow.
* today i am grateful i woke up from a bad using dream.
* today i am grateful for the meeting i attended last night
*today i am grateful Wes's mom had a good Christmas
*today i am grateful for the relationships we are building
* today i am grateful my family does not stay mad at each other
* today i am grateful i know how short and precious life is.
*today i am grateful haley got her puppy from santa, if only for a visit
* today i am grateful i keep a very tidy house
* today i am grateful i can teach my children good habits
* today i am grateful i have 2 children who have never known me using
* today i am grateful my "A" came out to visit the family
* today i am grateful i am learning to talk with her
* today i am grateful for the homework i got from my therapist
* today i am grateful i have not acted out in anger
* today i am grateful to have met Wes's brother and his family
* today i am grateful Wes makes me feel pretty
* today i am grateful to accept my humanness
* today i am grateful i am not perfect and i can start over any time of the day
After all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season i need to remember to be grateful. sometimes i complain but that is me being human. sometimes i get sad or mad but that is normal feelings. my clean date is coming up which explains the using dreams, this happens to just about every addict when their clean date comes around. so i will call my sponsor. i feel very fortunate and grateful today to be in recovery.
today i don't feel guilty all the time. my life is not one big panic situation. i am not paranoid today. i can reason with the thoughts in my head and i am learning to stay in reality when something triggers from the past. today i feel my feelings and i am learning to not let them control my behavior.
recovery has changed so much in my life and having this blog as a venue has truly been a blessing. i now have to get some chores done for the day i hope you are all finding your moments of serenity in this beautiful day. this leaves me with today's thought; "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein