- today i am grateful for the heat wave we are having, it is 40 degrees outside!!
- today i am grateful for my recovery from active addiction.
- today i am grateful for the sounds of my girls running down the halls.
- today i am grateful for the willingness to take care of my health.
- today i am grateful for my open mind.
- today i am grateful for my integrity.
- today i am grateful that i don't have to own other peoples chaos.
- today i am grateful for my boundaries i have.
- today i am grateful for therapy.
- today i am grateful to be starting my 8th step.
- today i am grateful for my faith.
we picked this spot because it was where the Oregon trail crossed Kansas over a hundred years ago, it is a very historical landmark. It is called the Vermilion River and it runs into the Arkansas I believe. So it will go to the Ocean.
There is a place just behind where i took the picture, to the left of the picture where a french man and his family lived. He used to pull people across the river in a boat for a dollar. The whole horse covered wagon and everything.
The river is barely a creek now, but you can see where the water used to be high. This man was very rich and very popular in these parts. There was a huge outbreak of cholera in the 1850's and a lot of people, including one of his wives and a few of his children died. There is a cemetery here with all the old headstones.
I will show some pictures when i can find them. hopefully i will be able to stop by here again soon and maybe drop some flowers in the river for them.
i am grateful my mother was around to see me get my 3 year coin. so this leaves me with todays thought; "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."- John Fitzgerald Kennedy