Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Procrastination

It's been a while since I last blogged. I am feeling very, overwhelmed these days. I think it is a symptom of "procrastinationism".Working on my 6th step and I have been putting it off just to realize that procrastination is one of my big character defects. I guess with all the other defects I am working on so eagerly I really need to check my motives on why this one hasn't really seemed to be such a problem and the only thing I can think of is that it doesn't hurt as much as the other defects. Life has been so wonderfully busy lately as well that I just haven't sat to the computer unless I am doing service work. I have been plucking away at my regional secretary stuff and I handled the merchandise work that got dropped into my lap for our regional convention. I am working on a flier for the adhoc committee I am heading up to update our area policy. I am getting familiar with InDesign for the regional newsletter that I just stepped up to be editor of. My 2 year old is almost potty trained, my knee feels great I returned the pain meds and only took 3 total.My 1 year old will be 2 on the 15th and my 2 year old will be 3 on the 28th, christmas shopping has been going well we are well under budget and after 6 months I am finalyy going to be replacing my counter tops!!! My kitchen has been under construction for 6 months now and all the indecision has been driving me up a friggin wall!! We finally came to a decision that we would replace the entire kitchen and we finally agreed on a contracter and now I am looking at swatches for my kitchen!!! Life has so many blessings and I cannot believe I would risk losing it to procrastination. Right now I have been procrastinating calling my sponsor to cancel tonights meeting with her to go over some of my sixth step because i am going to be picking my countertops!!! Now my daughter is home so I can go and frame a picture for christmas. Today I am full of gratitude and today I will not forget where I came from. Today's meditation;"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough,
and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to
clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger
into a friend."

--Melody Beattie

1 comment:

~Tyra~ said...

Found you through Jenn, wanted to say hi!