Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I love this picture. I took it in the summer and we were sitting on the porch. I think it looks like it was done in a studio. I photo shopped it. This is my baby bean, she is two now but still so cute. I am amazed at my life today and to look at it with this perspective of profound gratitude, I just cannot express how good I feel about my work. My addict tries to tell me that any monkey with the right software can do this too. So I have nothing to bring to the table. My Higher Power tells me I am special by putting things in front of me when I am ready to see them. I have not had a job in 4 years. The last time I had a job I was a cook at the Warren Old Town and I couldn't hack it because I was fresh off the streets, fresh off the dope, and I was spending my non working hours pounding my fists against the tile in the bathroom because I was still having the most terrible withdraws, I still have the scars on my hands from that time in my life. My life has changed so much. I hear people share of going to treatment to detox and I think "boy they were lucky." I see women in these places where the state puts them to straighten out their lives so they can keep their kids and I think "boy they have it easy." I didn't know there were places to go as safe havens, of course I never looked or asked for help. My life has changed so much.
Today is Wednesday and I do a gratitude list on Wednesday.
1. I am grateful I called the photoshop lady today, I got a job!!
2. I am grateful for the sense the good Lord has given me to be honest in my step work and to put forth the effort in learning computer skills.
3. I am so very grateful for Narcotics Anonymous for saving my life.
4. I am grateful for the insight to give credit where credit is do.
5. I am grateful for being one of those idiot monkeys who works photoshop well.
6. I am grateful for being teachable.
7. I am grateful for everyone my HP puts into my life today that helps guide me in my life.
8. I am grateful for all the bloggers who share the beauty of their writing and the caring thoughts they leave me when I am feeling down.
9. I am grateful that I learned how to link so that when I give thanks to Syd, and Shadow, and Cliff, and Tyra, and Larry and Jenn, and Lisa and Lou, and fireman john, and steveroni that you can go there to see who I am talking about.
10. For this gratitude I am going to take my cue from Cliff and say; I am grateful to The Rapacious Creditor for his beautiful insight and for the loving way he shares his recovery. This blogger goes by the name Findon and he comes to us from the United Kingdom. Findon has a beautiful blog in my biased opinion and if you go there I think you will see why I say that. So please stop by and check it out, and if you read his blog let him know you stopped by and give him the wonderful love you give to me. I think he will graciously appreciate it.
Todays thought; Gratitude is the vision to see that WE have been Gifted - Ernest Kurtz