So we had another thunderstorm, and another down pouring of rain. Yet my garden seems to flourish and even my baby cantaloupe are starting to sprout. Today is Wednesday and again it is time for my weekly gratitude check.
1. i am grateful for today.Living in the moment is such a precious gift for me it enables me to not worry about the past or the future and just live for today that is why it is called the present.
2. i am grateful for my home. it is small and cramped for space, but it is mine and i am not in danger of losing it to the banks living with in my means keeps my family secure.
3. i am grateful for my past, and though there are many things from my past i do not like, everything about it has helped make me the person i am today.
4. i am grateful for my sponsor. she has a few more 24's than i do and does not co- sign any of my sh*$. it is important for me to hear the truth even if it hurts so that i can deal with reality and let it go.
5. i am grateful for my beautiful little girls, all 3 of them. everyday as i watch them grow i feel so much love inside it hurts. it is such a good feeling.
6. i am grateful for miniature marshmallows. i love to watch them melt in a cup of hot cocoa on a cool winter evening.
7. i am grateful for toilet paper. and one day i will be grateful when my 3 year old does not use an entire roll in one shot.
8. i am grateful for BBQ's. and all the health benefits from cooking outside, even in the rain.
9. i am grateful for being willing to continue my stepwork and finally identifying "insecurity", "low self- esteem" and "pride" as character defects that i am willing to let go of.
10. i am grateful for being clean today and being able to be of service to NA.
Some gratitude is of the serious nature and some is of the simplest nature. i love variety in my list today and i love having a sense of humor today. as for my thought;"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis."
What are you grateful for today?