Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Wow it feels like a month since my last posting. I have finished most of my service work, I really need to get down to the t-shirt place and check on my order for the convention but guess what? Still no car! Can you believe this I am just beside myself, I don't know what to think. Oh and I lost a sponsee as well so this is just something I really need to surrender.
Sometimes things happen and you learn real quick the lesson life is trying to teach you other times it is like you are in the remedial program. I don't remember praying for patience.
Of course my sleepover was wonderful I sat up until 2 in the morning talking with some of the most wonderful women recovery has to offer. Very spiritual, I was able to spend some time with Sara and talk about the loss of her baby and how she is doing. It was such an honor to be there amongst so many powerful recovering women that I am filled with gratitude. And here we are on Gratitude Wednesday again!! It has been awhile so for todays gratitude list;
1. I am grateful for the sound of my home filled with the giggles of two toddlers.
2. I am grateful for the gift of open mindedness and being teachable today.
3. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn more about computer graphics, and even though I can not draw my art I can still be an artist.
4. I am grateful for the tolerance to love people where they are at.
5. I am grateful for not allowing myself to feel judged by other addicts. This is a new concept for me and I like it.
6. I am grateful for the grass fed beef in my freezer!!! BEEF it's what's for dinner!!!
7. I am grateful for my health and being able to make conscious decisions about what I eat today.
8. I am grateful I do not have diabetes!!
9. I am grateful that I do not have to live the lie of addiction today.
10. I am grateful for being home to take care of my children and just being able to love them everyday.
Today's thought; "Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."--Grouch Marx
What are you grateful for today?