little angels everywhere are all around and fun to catch. they like to play in gardens and sleep on flowers. this is what i told my daughters today, they can't wait for our garden to grow and bring the little angels from everywhere.
it is so much fun playing with two little ones and it is amazing how much they absorb on a daily basis, did you know my jillybean believes that if she pushes hard enough she will push over the big old elm tree in our front yard. and pirates go "aargg".
so while i am feeling better i still have some anxiety about the future. now my oldest "a" wants to go out on a date saturday night with her new boyfriend who is 17, has a truck and a job, which is more than a whole bunch of people i know. again he is 17, has a truck and a job, i don't think this is a bad thing it is just not good for my anxiety that my daughter wants to go out on a date with him. did i mention my daughter is 15 and this would be her first real date. she has had boyfriends before and the thing was when she said she was going "out" with them, they never technically went out. i remember when she believed in santa claus. i remember when she was jills age and we were asleep she woke up early and tried to make mommy and daddy breakfast in bed. she was so smart. still is, anyway she brought in the tub of butter from the fridge the loaf of bread from the table and the cinnamon/sugar mix and when captain stupid and i woke up she had butter and sugar all over the bedspread, in her pigtails and it was so sweet. now she wants to go out with this boy who has a truck. and when she goes haley and the bean and i will wait by the window for the fairies to put on their night lites and bring the flowers to the beds. we may even blow some magic bubbles to stay just like this for a little while longer. i want to hold on to every moment.
today is wednesday and this is my gratitude list;
1. i am grateful for the fairies that bring a smile to my little girls faces.
2. i am grateful for the wonder in thier eyes as they wait for santa claus.
3. i am grateful for my mommy who taught me how to believe in santa claus.
4. i am grateful for my health today and the fact that i do not have cancer.
5. i am grateful for my health insurance, that i did not have before.
6. i am grateful for my recovery and the tools to get out of the funk.
7. i am grateful for my ability to be honest and to fight denial.
8. i am grateful for pirates that go "aarrgg".
9. i am grateful for the rainbows that float in bubbles.
10. i am grateful for this blog and my new found friends that always stop by and say hi.
11. i am grateful to plug earth hour and the excitement of people joining for a great cause.
what are you grateful for today, is it little, big or imaginary, it doesn't matter what you are grateful for, just that you are grateful. todays thought; "Whatever my accomplishments, all of the things I loved in life, were rooted in the dreams and goals I had as a child..." The late Randy Pausch. Exerpt from page 13 of "The Last Lecture" Today I am a Tigger.