Well today was very humbling, and I had so much fun. I knew I didn't know enough about photo retouch to have a job. The thing is this wonderful woman is willing to train me. It is very sweet of her, my first mistake was when she saw me do a resize, it was wrong. Then she asked how did i whiten the teeth on her bride and I told her i used the dodge tool, that was what my teacher had taught me, that was wrong. She said you do not use the dodge tool for teeth. Oh. I did not get upset and the great thing was that neither did she. It was like she was totally ok with me not knowing, and i don't know why, but she has all the training you could get at a college right there at her finger tips and she is willing to share. So i started training today. I go back in the morning for more basic training. It was kind of funny because she said to do quick retouches to get the order ready for proofing. So i went to upload the pictures and the first thing i did was ask, how do you upload on a MAC? Not familiar, well neither is she!!! She has 3 computers sitting there, a brand new MAC with a 24 inch screen and doesn't know how to use it, she wants to train me on it. Then she says I can show her how the MAC works!! Crazy fun!! So i did 2 hours of tutorials and notes and came home to practice, I suck. But I am going to keep trying because i believe my higher power has a plan and i don't need to know what that is today I just need to go with the flow. And I really want to learn this stuff!!
It is Wednesday so I need a list of gratitude:
1. I am grateful for being teachable today.
2. I am grateful for Wes willing to spend money on a sitter so I can be schooled.
3. I am grateful I am clean today.
4. I am grateful I got to hear Andy speak again.
5. I am grateful I got to hug my friend Sarah, and that the prayers worked for her.
6. I am grateful for that moment of silence for the still suffering addict at the beginning of every meeting. It got me in the rooms.
7. I am grateful for my garden I am learning to grow.
8. I am grateful that my family is healthy today.
9. I am grateful for bubble baths.
10. I am grateful for Earth Hour this Saturday!!! 8:30pm local time!!
11. I am grateful for the smiles and giggles that fill my house today.
There are so many wonderful things to be grateful for today, I remember growing up in a house of screams. That was communication in my house. Today we talk to each other with respect and I am grateful for that. The joy i get from the thought of coming home is overwhelming. I do wish i could upload some pictures of my plants and back yard but I think the memory on this little PC is full so it will have to wait until my Wes can get to it. We are getting a load of compost on Saturday and the weatherman is expecting snow!! Good thing the little heater works on my green house and I haven't planted yet!! I am grateful for that!! What are you grateful for today? My thought:"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."