Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday- Insomnia

55fff.jpg

"Every Friday, when you have a moment, write a short story, poem or prose. 55 Words no more, no less and then report it to the g-man!!!
IMG_0043.JPG



"There is a fierce wind tonight and my nerves, shot from anticipation
Nothing left to do but surrender, yet the wind howls outside
Feeling anxious, full of fear inside, why can't i just let it go?
As i pray for angels to calm my heart,
i will take comfort  that I am not alone."


G-man, that's where i am at. here waiting looking for something else to tidy up. the surveyor comes tomorrow, i think everything is done, that is until i inspect the damage from this wind storm...
The skies are clear the air is hot and humid, perfect for tornadoes, none out there but it sure feels like it. I hope to post this with links one can only try.

I will update you in the morning after i hear from her, my surveyor, if i get my license.
so for todays thought;

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis."--Margaret Bonnano

Keep It Simple

"Unless I accept my faults I will most certainly doubt my virtues." --- Hugh Prather

OK so I needed two of them, I think they are very fitting!!

16 comments:

järnebrand said...

The wind howling outside makes you feel really small, doesn't it? Somtimes this is frightening, yet sometimes I feel it can be kind of comforting to...
I am glad you are not alone, and that you are not feeling lonely.
Wishing you all the best.
I really liked your 55. /Jo.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Hi, I felt the wind of your 55 and the fear of it. Thankfully we are not alone in our trials.

I didn't think when I posted my 55, I am sorry!!!! I don't drink Tequila either, the same reason your saying gives. :)) But the flower gave me the idea, the raspberry color captivated me and all I could think of was raspberries and...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Eaton.

Brian Miller said...

hoping you dont have a tornado...and best wishes for that license...nice 55.

mine is up!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh I can certainly relate to this my friend.

Excellent writing.

Thanks for stopping by today, I always take pleasure when you visit with me.

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Nothing better then a storm if you are wrapped up warm and reading by candle light... Gone for a poem this week based on the Etheree form created about twenty years ago by an Arkansas poet named Etheree Taylor Armstrong It normally consists of ten lines of unmetered and unrhymed verse, the first line having one syllable, each succeeding line adding a syllable. I added an extra row for the word count and the punch line. See what I mean here.

Akelamalu said...

I like to be inside cozy and warm when it's really windy outside and I try not to think of the damage it may be doing.

My 55 is up.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is an awesome 55!
Good luck to day.
Suz

Enchanted Oak said...

Surrendering and letting go are very hard sometimes. I have to walk in trust that my Higher Power has it all in His hands, and sometimes I'm just a frightened child.
Good 55. Mine's up too.

Syd said...

Good luck with the survey. I posted photos of the garden yesterday.

Hope that the tornadoes stay away from you.

Alice Audrey said...

I'm so glad I no longer live in a place where "sheering winds" can mean the obliteration of a barn and sirens will send a party of toddlers into a dank basement.

Hugs on the wait.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great 55. Mine's up as well at http://bit.ly/8dt963. Have a great weekend!

G-Man said...

I've been to Kansas, I know of the winds to which you refer!
Loved your 55 Suzie.
Good luck with all of your pending stuff.
Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

Dulçe ♥ said...

Great 55... everything will be alright... no tornado can take away such beautiful words. be well keep safe...
Hugs dear!

PattiKen said...

Scary to "feel" a tornado coming, I'm sure, especially in a place where they often do. I hope that the only thing that comes your way is good news about the license.

Maude Lynn said...

I hope that it went well!

steveroni said...

Clean and Crazy--waiting for an update. I don't watch the news so have to get it here. Hope all went well, an all fronts.