Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday-sailing dreams

Every Friday write a short story, poem or prose,
then report it to the g-man!!

"To sail away on the open sea,
The joy's a new boat will bring to me

Oh how I thought I could never afford
This new truck and boat I can't wait to board

Oh how confused and sad this makes me
Tell me how the hell do I get this boat out to sea?!"



Here you go G-man!! No it is not my boat, I am landlocked!! I would be very upset if it was me though!! My garden is growing and hopefully this weekend we can get some pictures posted, I can catch up on everyone who has posted tonight and boy does that fresh coffee smell great!! My honey is out there roasting us some fresh coffee to drink and we just finished some late gardening, I have a nice insectary going. I am going to try some zucchini and cucumbers again this year i did not sterilize my soil so i am told the vine borers will be there. but I got a plan:
I will start my zucchini in pots and treat them like lettuce, i will plant two starts of those out there now and when they start to fruit i will get the fruit and when they show damage I will pull them roots and hopefully grubs and all bag it up and send it to the dump and plant my new starts after. I may be out of fruit for a week or two but I won't lose an entire seasons worth and i won't use insecticide, I also heard if you put a piece of foil under your squash it will confuse the moths and they won't lay their eggs there. This is my best shot and i am going to try it, I read that bees are disappearing all over the world and I honestly think 7 Dust should be banned from use, plus my children LOVE planting the garden and they would not be able to if I used that stuff. Ok so here is my thought for today: "Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out."--Art Linkletter


22 comments:

G-Man said...

Mistress of the Garden!
Thanks for the 55 Laffer!!
All efforts are much appreciated My Friend.
Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End.

Mojo said...

Oops.
Your 55 is probably pretty close to what this guy is thinking. Okay, maybe not. Not sure he's all that bright. Thanks for the laugh.

One Prayer Girl said...

Too funny!!!

Very, very cute!!!

I loved your 55.

PG

Sheri said...

i sure got a kick out of your 55, a real fun read!

Buzzard said...

Oh, he is really up a creek without a paddle!

Brian Miller said...

haha. someone got a little confused and turned around. at least they dont have to wash the truck now. wonderful fun 55.

thanks for popping by mine already!

Hootin Anni said...

ROFLMAO!!! You have a new name...wrong way!! This was too funny.

Loved your 55.

Sunrise in the City ---as always, scroll down below my Show n Tell. Hope you're having a terrific Friday!!!

Fireblossom said...

That trick never works! Talk about an epic fail. LOL!

Syd said...

I had to laugh at that photo. What a mess. He couldn't be sober!
Glad that the garden is doing well. Ours is awesome. I'll post some photos soon.

John (@bookdreamer) said...

My kind of parking. Late for me, this week, what with work demanding I do what I'm paid to do. I mean, what a cheek. My 55 story here

Anonymous said...

A candidate for the Fail Blog, that poor man.

Sometimes whatever floats yer boat can drown yer truck.

Unknown said...

Poor guy.
WELL DONE!
Excellent 55!

Mine is here
Have you a great weekend!
hugs
shakira

Alice Audrey said...

LOL! I could so easily see myself being that foolish - driving head first into the water, not being late putting in the garden. How mortifying.

Dulçe ♥ said...

oups... would not like to be there!
That's why...Cars or bikes!

Great 55!
hugs ;)

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool, thanks. My first attempt at a 55 is up as well.

Shadow said...

heee heee heeee, love your 55! in answer? not like that....

Maude Lynn said...

Thanks for the tip about the foil. I'm going to try that!

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, this is a fun 55, and goes so well with the picture.

Good luck with the gardening too!

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Boats look like a heck of a lot of work to me...more work than actual fun. I think your ideas on defeating those moths and having a garden for your kids to plant in, is excellent.
The very best to you in keeping some healthy balance in your garden.

regards,
Eaton

Akelamalu said...

Oh my, what a dilemma! LOL

Great 55.

PattiKen said...

I'm so glad that's not your boat. Some people just can't be trusted with big kids' toys.

My 55 is up here.

Vodka Logic said...

I didn't get the picture until I read the last line and I looked again... how silly are some people.

thanks for the smile.

better late than never my 55 is up