Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My new beginning

Today is Tuesday and this is my first time posting a blog. I hope I am doing this right. You know some of the thoughts that run through my head just sometimes clutter up my day so I have to get them out. This is how I work my Program. Just a little background on me I am a grateful recovering addict and I belong to the fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous. I am very proud of my life today and the way I choose to live. Sometimes I feel life is a wonderful gift and that I need to live everyday in the now. That is why they call it the present, because it is a gift. There are so many times when life just gets me down and my faith in a higher power begins to wain. We all get like this but because of my addiction I take it to another level, a dark one that tells me life is not worth living. I really hate it when I am in those bad spaces luckily for me I have a program that helps me to stay out of those spaces, I go to meetings, share openly and honestly, I call my sponsor and I do step work. Because of the work that I do on myself I have become a better person with a great outlook on life and I just wanted to give you a little insight as to where my thoughts come from. I like to begin each day with a meditation so here is today's: "It is Hope that gives life meaning, and hope is based on the prospect of being able one day to turn the actual world into a possible one that looks better"- Francois Jacob ( this was in the Oprah mission Calendar Inspiration)

No comments: